There are presently no open calls for submissions.
*** Poetry will be closed for submissions from August 1, 2018-August 31, 2018 ***
Welcome to Poetry magazine's submission system. If you have any trouble with this site, please click the "Help" link at the bottom of this page or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
HOW TO SUBMIT
- Do NOT submit multiple poems separately. Please submit all your poems together in one document.
- Fill in the title(s) of the work(s) you are submitting. If you are submitting more than one poem, separate the titles with commas.
- If you are submitting work for someone else, please fill out this form with your contact information and note the original author of this work in the cover letter field.
- Type cover letter text into the cover letter field with any additional information you'd like to send.
- Use the Add File button to find the file on your computer that you would like to submit. Select the file and click on the Open button. Your file will then appear in the "file" field.
- Review your information to confirm that it is correct. Click Submit and you're done!
- You should receive a confirmation via email letting you know that we've received your submission.
- Upload only ONE submission; wait until you receive a response to your submission before uploading any more.
- Our current response time is about seven months. While we wish we could respond with personal feedback, the volume of submissions received and the small size of our staff prevent us from offering individual criticism.
- To make sure that you receive our e-mail responses, set your spam filter to accept messages from email@example.com. Otherwise, our notifications may end up in your "junk" or "spam" folder, or be deleted by your e-mail system.
- We can only consider submissions written in the English language. We welcome translations of work into English.
- We consider only previously unpublished work. Work that has appeared online for any reason is considered to have been previously published and should not be submitted.
- Please let us know immediately if one of the pieces you have submitted is accepted elsewhere by adding a note to your submission specifying which pieces are no longer available.
Thank you for your interest in POETRY.