There are presently no open calls for submissions.
Thank you for sharing your work with Poetry. We look forward to the opportunity to engage carefully with your work. Due to the number of submissions we receive each year, we will likely get back to you within eight months. We appreciate your patience.
**Please note that we are currently closed for submissions and will reopen February 1. This will allow us to catch up on the many submissions we have already received. If you already submitted work to one of our forms, your work is still being considered.**
Holly Amos, Angela Flores, Lindsay Garbutt, Srikanth Reddy, and Fred Sasaki
How to Submit
Please submit up to 4 poems (up to 10 pages total) for consideration, following these guidelines:
1. Upload your poems in a single document.
2. Click SUBMIT, and you’ll receive an email confirming that we received your submission. You can check the status of your submission by logging into your Submittable account.
*For those submitting video or audio files, please also include a written copy of your text, as both would be published if accepted for publication. If there are movement components to your poem which are performed by an artist other than the poem’s author, please include their name and bio as well.
**For those submitting poems in languages other than English, please also submit a copy of the poem in English. This is needed as an accessibility consideration for our editorial staff, not as an attempt to privilege the English language.
- Please send only one submission at a time per category, and wait until you hear back from us before uploading a new submission. We are eager to provide ample time and space for everyone’s voices to be considered, so if you do send multiple submissions, they will be archived unread and will receive no response.
- Our response time can be up to 8 months. We appreciate your patience--we have a small staff who reads over 100,000 poems per year.
- To make sure you receive our response, set your spam filter to allow emails from email@example.com.
- We consider only previously unpublished work. Writing that has appeared online for any reason, including social media posts, is considered to have been previously published and should not be submitted.
- Poetry is open to simultaneous submissions, but let us know immediately if work is accepted elsewhere by adding a message to your submission specifying the work that is no longer available.
- All poets will be compensated for published poems. For text poems, we pay $10/line with a minimum honorarium of $300 per poem. For visual poems, audio poems, and video poems, we pay $300 per poem. If a piece is published in multiple formats, such as print and video, we pay for each format.
- If you have further questions, please visit our detailed FAQ on our website.
Please click the HELP link at the bottom of this page if you have trouble using this site.
If you are unable to use Submittable for any reason, please visit our FAQ page to learn other ways to submit your work.